Dan and Ian are coming together again this week from across the seas. Ian graces us with his presence while still on his Tokyo trip with Dan getting his hands dirty down in Davao, Philippines. The fellas pull together this episode as the next chapter in the breakdown of the 1,000 Day Principle using the Rockefeller Process.
This week’s discussion focuses on the next and perhaps most difficult step of growing your business through hiring employees. You’ll hear why the race to hire your first full time employee is often a crucial step in building a business instead of a job. Dan and Ian will open your eyes to the growth possibilities through hiring talent instead of ‘doing your own thing’. Grab a pad of paper or pull up your preferred note taking device because this episode is chalked full of actionable concepts.
On Building a Business, Not a Job
- The top three reasons growing businesses go astray in their early stages – and how you can overcome them.
- Why forgoing personal income in the beginning can have an exponential effect on your bottom line.
- The hiring strategy that attracts and integrates highly qualified, cohesive employees to your business.
- The two things that are required for leadership and the five ways you can put yourself in that role.
- How to get to Ian’s heart… Hint: It involves cats.
- Tropical Talk Radio
- Damian Ruse – Semi-Pro Cycling.com
- Trevor Pirtle – Real Life English
- Pat Flynn – Security Guard Training
- Verne Harnish’s book Mastering The Rockafeller Habits (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- John McIntyre – Drop Dead Copy
Just The Tips
- William Zinser’s book On Writing Well (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- “I’m Always in Love” – Wilco
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen!
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.