Dan’s still in Bali grinding out his first book while Ian’s back in San Diego working on taking the product business to the next level.
Inspired by a talk Cal Newport gave, Dan and Ian reveal that the script to success, however you define it. While success is something each person decides on, there is a script that everyone can follow to get themselves there. With all the talk in the blogosphere about “passion,” the true story about achieving success and happiness seems to be a little more complex.
Manipulating the Success Script
- Why planning without life experience is a recipe for failure.
- Why what you’re doing has little to do with your happiness.
- How to choose a skill that will lead to long term happiness and fulfillment.
- The Success Pattern.
- The true value of mentorship.
- How to avoid “golden handcuffs” in your entrepreneurial journey.
- Brendan Tully
- Cal Newport – His Talk at WDS
- Greenback Tax Services
- Rob Walling
- Alan Watts – If money were no object
Just The Tips
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen!
Episode length: 24:48
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.