Do you know where you were and what you were doing five years ago this week?Dan and Ian heading out to Puerto Galera for the next TMBA session
Five years ago (October 2nd, 2007 to be exact) Dan and Ian were sitting at brunch when Dan got a notification on his original iPhone that they had gotten paid for their first product sale.
Sure, there were some problems. Like the fact that they didn’t actually have a manufactured product to ship out at the time of the sale. But that email was the confirmation they needed.
Starting that day they set their sights on a business trajectory that has taken them five years, multiple product lines, 10+ employees, world-wide travel destinations, a publishing venture, private mastermind community, and top iTunes podcast into the future.
Some of the top lessons they learned along the way?
- They still remember the time when there were just two kids with a dream
- Ship. Got doubt? Ship anyway. Even if it is on Yahoo Site Builder
- Practice Exceptional Customer Service (Those three customers that bought product that wasn’t quite completed yet? Still customers today)
- “Entrepreneurs don’t take loans ‘like that’”
- Trajectory – There is so much importance behind the trajectory that you choose
- Find a peer group or mastermind. Can’t? Create one.
- Take time to look back and celebrate it all – Happy Five Years!
Also, learn how Dan drove the hottest ride San Diego has ever seen when he first got back from Asia.
Just The Tips
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen!
Episode length: 17:37
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Catch the LBP on Zune
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!
If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.