Dan and Ian got so many great questions from last week’s carefully orchestrated listener request that they decided to keep a few for future episodes that needed more than a quick answer.
In this episode they tackle this frustrating issue that plagues many an information product or intangible service provider
My biggest question about business lately has been pricing. I have no idea whether or not I’m charging my customers too much, too little, etc.
With physical products, you have a good idea what your cost of goods sold are, can add a pretty standard markup, and that’s the price.
It’s a lot harder when you’re dealing with information products that have a marginal production cost of 0. - Matthew Paulson
Head down and pencils up – this episode is full of pricing insights and strategies you need to have a successful online business, including:
- When To Offer Your Customers Credit
- Why The Guy Who Asks For Bro Pricing Isn’t Really Your Bro
- How To Compete With Custom Pricing – The Bundled Pricing Trick That Works Everytime
- What Price Anchoring Is
- And The Most Important Pricing Model In Online Business
- Hardcore History Podcast with Dan Carlin
- Rob Modzelewski
- Tim Conley – Foolish Adventure
- The Portable Bar Company
- Dan Norris – Web Domination
- Kevin Kelly – 1000 True Fans
Just The Tips
- Scrivener Writing Studio
- Self-Control (Windows Alternative – Cold Turkey)
- Delsey Travel Pillow
- A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
Get Your Voice On The LBP
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen!
Episode length: 34:00
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Catch the LBP on Zune
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!
If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.