While spending a ruckus New Years in Bali with Brendan Tully and Tommy Schultz, Dan and Ian are ringing in the new year with a few beers, yoga and bike rides; though not all at once. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not all fun and games. They’ve also been working on putting together some Tropical MBA resources for the community, polishing off a book and simply taking care of business.
This week’s discussion is centered around moving you forward in your business and social settings. Dan and Ian share their number one method to getting ahead, and show how they’re still using this process to further not only their businesses, but their friendships as well. You’ll also hear their approach to handling nay-sayers when a listener shares his experience of unsupportive parents.
Leveling Up in Life
- A simple ‘Look down the hall’ test to determine if you’re on the right career path.
- Dan and Ian’s method for gaining respect and trust from powerful people.
- Why forums are so much more than an information source: and how to use them to your advantage.
- The ultimate ‘ego bait’ that can be used to forge long term relationships.
- Ian’s little exercise tip to help you stay limber.
- Expatriate taxes: GreenBackTaxServices.com
- Derek Sivers Article: Zip It
- Mastery – Robert Greene (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
Just The Tips
- “See Me Now” – Kanye West
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen!
Episode length: 24:20
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.